SEATTLE, US – FORNEBU, NORWAY (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
“Raima is excited about this new release and would like all of our users and anyone actively searching for in-memory, hybrid or persistent database solutions to consider RDM version 14.0 for their next development project in an Internet Of Things framework,” says Steinar Sande, Raima’s Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve come off of a very productive beta cycle and expect a great customer experience based on the new powerful performance features and ease of use functionality of this release.”
The release of RDM 14.0 continues to build on Raima’s success as a high-performance database management system. With the release, users will experience what so many people already know: “If it’s fast, it’s Raima.”
Raima has always been designed for speed and scalability, and RDM v. 14.0 follows that tradition. A new architecture optimized for in-memory and disk-based applications — plus a newly designed file format that optimizes storage space supporting 32 and 64-bit architecture in a big data environment — make RDM v. 14.0 the fastest Raima database ever. Its key features are portability, efficiency, architecture and performance.
Features of RDM 14.0
- Portability — RDM 14.0’s database file format has undergone significant improvements, taking portability to a new level. The new format allows for direct copy/paste or movement from one device/platform onto another, regardless of byte order or architecture differences. This lets developers work on any development host they choose. They can then deploy the Raima Database Manager on a different target platform. See the different platforms we support: http://raima.com/download-table/.
- Efficiency — RDM 14.0 is all about ease of use for the developer, which decreases project development time. C developers will benefit from a modernized and easy-to-use cursor-based interface. Raima has also extended its SQL support and added SQL PL-supporting stored procedures. Additional standard interfaces include ODBC (C, C++), ADO.NET (C#), and JDBC (Java) along with development environments of Microsoft Visual Studio, Apple XCode, Eclipse and Wind River Workbench, among others.
- Architecture — RDM 14.0’s architecture has been redesigned from the ground up to deliver the highest performance and developer ease of use while simultaneously safeguarding data and maintaining full ACID compliance. If the database is kept in-memory, RDM 14.0 will use a completely unique internal format to take full advantage of the direct memory characteristics of random access, zero latency, etc. If the database is on disk, RDM 14.0 will instead use another uniquely designed and optimized format to take into consideration the latency involved with disk usage. The new architecture also uses a new file format design to hide hardware platform specifics such as byte ordering from the developer, freeing up the developer to focus on the application itself.
- Performance — RDM 14.0 is Raima’s fastest database engine ever. It has been redesigned and optimized for both on-disk, in-memory and hybrid environments due to a new unique architecture for the database file format, along with new algorithmic optimizations. Raima is so confident in RDM 14.0 that performance examples in every download package demonstrate how much faster RDM benchmarks against Raima’s competitors. Version 14.0 was tested internally against competitors including MySQL and PostgreSQL; its performance was an order of magnitude better for in-memory, on disk or in hybrid database configurations. * See the test results here http://raima.com/raima-database-manager-performance/. The test is a component of Raima RDM 14.0 downloadable packages, so application developers can experience the performance in their own environment.
Choose Raima as the Solution
RDM 14.0 enables business applications to support real-time business decisions. Raima database solutions are used throughout the world to solve a myriad of data recording, formatting, storage and transmission challenges. Raima Database Manager is the solution for:
- Applications that require support for big data and business intelligence at high speeds
- Remote data with low power availability
- Local storage issues where in-memory solutions or cross platform mobile requirements are needed
To take the next step into a world of convenient, practical, flexible, high-functioning database solutions, download RDM 14.0.
For general requests, email Raima at info(at)raima(dot)com . For sales, email sales(at)raima(dot)com.
Raima is a provider of high-performance, In Memory, real time database management system technology for both in-memory database usage and persistent storage devices. We deliver database solutions that are cross-platform, small-footprint database systems designed for distributed architecture in resource-constrained environments.